Watch Ms. Leslie’s Video Lesson and the Kindness Craft Video for Week Six. And below that, read Ms. Leslie’s letter to parents.
Imagine the Possibilities
As you watch the video with your child, make sure you have the items below. Let’s go!
- A Bible
- Red Bag of Courage
- Prayer Pin
- God Glasses
- Activity Booklet
- Paper and Pens or Markers
KINDNESS CRAFT VIDEO
Christopher and Lou show us how to make smoothies, which is a wonderful way to show kindness.
Share the act of kindness you discovered this week in the comments below. Draw or write about that act of kindness and email it to me. I can’t wait to hear from you!
MS. LESLIE’S LETTER TO PARENTS
We teach what we know. Sometimes it’s intentional. Sometimes, it’s not. If our children see us reading the Bible, studying the scriptures, and talking about lessons learned from the Word of God, then they will recognize the Bible as a valued, reliable guide for everyday life. If they don’t, they won’t.
Paul instructs young Timothy, a passionate evangelist, “Timothy, all Scripture is inspired by God (God-breathed) and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.” (2 Timothy 3:16, NLT)
Timothy watched Paul live these words. He watched his mother and grandmother (Eunice and Lois) live these words. It became as natural as breathing for him to follow their example and live a life led by the God-breathed words of God.
I wonder if the children placed in our lives are having a similar experience. The question is asked and answered between us and God. Just in case we find ourselves lacking, I have an excellent experiment to offer us.
It’s called The John Wesley Great Experiment. Having participated in it 35 years ago and finding it to be transformational in my Christian walk, I invite you to join me in the experience. For thirty days, we prayerfully write out the answers to three questions every day.
1. After reading, praying and meditating on the scripture for the day, how does this scripture apply to my life today?
1. 2 Chron. 7:14 2. James 4:16 3. 1 John 3:22
4. John 15:6,7 5. Mark 11:24 6. Phil. 4:6
7. 1 John 5:14 8. Jer. 29:13 9. Matt. 6:7-13
10. Matt. 18:19 11. Isa. 65:23-24 12. Matt. 6:6
13. Luke 11:9,10 14. Isa. 58:9-11 15. Psalms 127:1
16. Psalms 66:18 17. Isa. 59:1-3 18. Prov. 28:9,10
9. Matt. 8:24-27 20. John 6:47 21. Eccles. 3:1-8
22. Psalms 55:22 23. John 14:27 24. Psalms 1:1-3
25. John 14:1 26. Matt. 6:25-33 27. Psalms 23:1-6
28: Mark 12:30 29. Heb. 12:1 30. John 4:14
2. What intentional act of kindness will I do for someone today?
3. How do I want to build and develop my life?
Lord God, help us to know intimacy with You through Your life-giving, life-changing Word. We adore You, O Christ, now and forever. Amen.
Sam E. Teague, The John Wesley Great Experiment (Nashville, Tennessee: Discipleship Resources, 1998).